Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Where We Go From Here

I'll be completely honest with you, I'm not yet entirely sure how this thing is going to play out. I've been considering the idea for quite some time, and there were several points that felt like "the right moment" and, yet, I didn't pull the trigger for whatever reason.

Well, tonight, another "right moment" arrived and I pulled the trigger. I wanted a title and I wanted a theme. I'm at least halfway there, and I hope you'll come along for the ride. Now, some things you should know going in...

1) I'm an idealist. For better or worse, I wish for things to be they way they should be, often to the detriment of the way things actually are. You might consider it an outgrowth of an RFK quote (that, incidentally, I just learned he cribbed from George Bernard Shaw): " Some look at the way things are and ask, 'Why?'. I dream of things that never were and ask, 'Why not?' " The lesson, I guess, is when in doubt, go with Bobby Kennedy.
2) Since this will most often deal with politics, you should know I have a healthy obsession with "The West Wing". Expect to see quotes, references to characters and incidents, and more than my fair share of longing for the fictional administrations of Josiah Bartlet. If you are a fan, all the better. If not, hopefully this will get you on board.
3) I'll be doing the thinking and writing for this thing, but I of course welcome your thoughts, comments, critiques, and anything else. If you agree with me, don't worry about saying so. Likewise if you don't. I'll always do my best to remain civil and respectful, and all I ask is the same from you.
4 and finally) As my fellow bloggers at FIWK can tell you, I am still learning a lot of the ropes when it comes to the more technical aspects of blogging. You'll see hyperlinks pop up every now and then, and maybe even a video occasionally, and I apologize in advance if they don't work. I'm a quick learner, don't worry.

And that, as they say, is that. I'm really very excited about this, and I hope you will be as well. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. When possible, you should include appropriate West Wing clips via Youtube.

    Then, you should throw in a few more when it's not appropriate...or at least, not applicable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, Aaron. Consider it done.

    ReplyDelete